24 Mar Trigger Vale Inspection Day Covid Update
Covid 19 update. Wednesday 19th August Sale Rams Inspection Day
Note – with things currently changing every day with regards to Covid we will update this section of the web page regularly to keep it current and relevant for clients.
Firstly, our overriding goal is to run our 43rd Annual Auction in our ram selling complex at Valera, Lockhart on Friday the 4th September as close to normal as possible. As the protocols currently sit in NSW, with our Covid plan in place we can have up to 150 people on site as a corporate business function carrying out an Agricultural Essential Service, which a ram sale certainly is. Further initiatives that we are undertaking are
- We have booked Auctions Plus for the sale which will mean you can bid remotely in real time at our auction. If you are not familiar with Auctions Plus then you can contact us or your normal agent to help with this.
- We are holding an inspection day on Wednesday the 19th August. All Poll Merino and White Suffolk rams will be penned on this day and will give clients an early opportunity to view the rams and then if required bid remotely on sale day by Auctions Plus or phone. The bonus of this is the Trigger Vale team will be available all day to discuss our breeding program, answer any questions and assist with your potential selections. While this day still fits under our Covid plan 150 people on site limit it would be appreciated if booking were made so we can maximise social distancing. This day is also a great opportunity for producers who are not current clients but have heard of our unique mules free maternal Merino product to undertake an obligation free inspection.
- Trigger Vale is already well positioned due to our extensive full pedigree and extensive objective measurement to provide clients with a detailed catalogue with a combination of ASBV’s and raw data. To enhance this further we intend to add photos of each Poll Merino’s wool and a short video of it walking around a yard to aid in clients assessing physical traits remotely.
- Darren Gordon from Nextgen Agri will be inspecting all the Poll Merino Rams on Sunday 23rd August and will independently assess the rams on 13 different physical traits. This will include wool and physical structure. A copy of this report will be available upon request.
- For VICTORIANS, a permit is required if you wish to attend either the inspection or auction day. We are strongly suggesting to Victorians to apply for a permit ASAP and target attending the inspection day as things can change quickly and they may be withdrawn. This is a very dynamically changing space so it is important to monitor this webpage regularly.
Scroll down half a page and click on the “NSW border permit” icon
- With the overall goal being business as close to usual on Sale day we understand that we are certainly operating under difficult circumstances. Hopefully, most clients will be able to attend, fill their requirements and take their rams home. For clients that purchase remotely there will be no issues with your rams remaining at Trigger Vale while we assist with organizing delivery at a later date. At this stage it is likely that we will have a limit of one person per business on sale day so if you like to select your ram team in conjunction with other family or business members then you should aim to attend the inspection day.
- Elders will be conducting and settling the sale in conjunction with H Francis and Co. We are very fortunate that we have conducted all our previous 43 sales with Elders and we can utilize their extensive Australian wide network and experience with interfacing sales with Auctions Plus.
- With Covid 19 restrictions being such a changing situation, we have a Covid 19 update section on our web page, and we encourage people to check this regularly to keep informed about any new developments. 2020 catalogues are already been uploaded.
Mandi and I hope that this challenging period in all our lives only has a short-term time frame. We all are fortunate to be involved with n Agriculture and in most cases living a generally isolated lifestyle anyway. While we are seeing some volatility in our wool and lamb markets due to Covid 19 I feel it is important that we remember that all of the indicators suggest a very positive and profitable future for our sheep industry.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further enquiries or further clarification regarding the above points. Above all else we hope that you stay safe.
Andrew & Mandi Bouffler